How to File Returns for taking exception

Hi, I am professional and have changed my working company in April-2011. Now, I am preparing for e-filing and having below concerns. 1) Do I need to mention two Form 16 while filing returns ? (1 from Old Company and 1 from New one). please suggest the steps too. 2) I have purchased Flat and gone through the flat registration process in Dec 2011. whereas, I have got the possession in June-2012. My question is, I have spent 75000 Rs for stamp duty while registration process. so can I get exemption for this amount ? if yes, then under which section ? 3)Which ITRV form needs to fill in above situation.

Looking ahead for your reply. Thanks in Adv.

asked Jul 19 '12 at 22:23 by amit katkar 6145


  1. In income tax return form, you need to show total income from salaries (combined from both form 16s).
  2. You should claim deduction for stamp duty paid in FY 2011-12 in same year only. This would be allowed only u/s 80C. Max total limit u/s 80C is 1 lakh.
  3. If you only have income from salaries and bank interest, you can file income tax return using ITR-1.

answered Jul 19 '12 at 22:49 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thanks so much Pankaj, I have gone through the Tax entry form, however, I can see many options in u/s .80C, Like PF, LIC, NSC, etc., although,there is no such category where we can capture this amount. Please advice which category need to select. Thanks in Adv.
(Jul 20 '12 at 00:04) amit katkar
I am not sure which form you are having. Please download ITR1 from efiling website from this page: It has 80C deduction field and it does not ask for details like PF, LIC, NSC etc.
(Jul 20 '12 at 09:36) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 19 '12 at 22:23

Seen: 1,953 times

Last updated: Jul 20 '12 at 09:36