cancellation of ECR stamp in the passport

My daughter's passport was issued in June 2010 when she was 16 years old. She has ECR stamp. Now she is 18 years completed and passed HSC examination. How do I apply for cancellation of ECR stamp? The application form 2 does not have any column suggesting to the passport office that I am submitting for the cancellation of ECR. Is the emigration check form for the same purpose? What documents are required? Are PAN card and her 12th std mark sheet adequate?

asked Jul 12 '12 at 00:45 by Ashish68 1111

You would need to apply for re-issue of her passport. Passport reissue application has column for ECNR status.

Her matriculation certificate would be enough to get her ECNR status.

answered Jul 12 '12 at 00:53 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 12 '12 at 00:45

Seen: 3,475 times

Last updated: Jul 12 '12 at 00:53