Self Asessment Tx vs TDS deducted by employer


My mother retired last year and received some amount of her salary ( DA etc.)later on which employer could not deduct tax. So while issuing Form 16 they asked us to first pay the tax on that amount ourseleves and give them the receipt of same. We have paid this and they have included it additionally in Form 16. So while filling ITR form should I put this as TDS deducted at Source or under Self assessment tax?

asked Jul 11 '12 at 09:55 by Promod 15710

As same was paid you you and not employer, it would come under Self assessment tax or Advance tax (if paid before 31st March).

answered Jul 11 '12 at 13:58 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 11 '12 at 09:55

Seen: 1,958 times

Last updated: Jul 11 '12 at 13:58