Commission Income

I have a property commission income for Rs 1.5 lac, which was received by me by a broker and TDS for Rs 15000/- also deposited to IT Deptt and a rent income for Rs 40,000/- with a joint name house. Which ITR form should I use.

asked Jul 06 '12 at 12:38 by ANIL JAIN 1124

Property income would be considered as income from business/profession, so you would need to file returns with ITR-4.

answered Jul 06 '12 at 12:45 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

thanks for your reply, pls suggest me that can I file ITR2 with INCOME FROM OTHER SOURCES FOR THE COMMISION AND RENT INCOME INSTEAD OF ITR4 ? I do't want to book any expanditure for commision income under property business.
(Jul 06 '12 at 14:17) ANIL JAIN
Commission income cannot be treated as income from other sources. Rental income has other section as income from house property. You will have to file using ITR-4.
(Jul 06 '12 at 14:25) Pankaj Batra
Thanks a lot sir
(Jul 06 '12 at 14:30) ANIL JAIN

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 06 '12 at 12:38

Seen: 2,062 times

Last updated: Jul 06 '12 at 14:30