How to file returns if I had two employers in a financial year.

Hi Pankaj,

For the financial year 2011-2012,I had worked for one employer for 2 months and another employer for the rest of the year. I got my form-16 also. In that case, how should I file returns? Also, I missed to submit tax proofs for this year.I understand that I just need to declare the invested amount and no need to submit proofs while sending ITR-V. Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

I'm currently in UK,so how will I send the ITR-V sheet to CPC Bangalore without my signature. Is it enough to sign the sheet and send the scanned copy of the signed ITR-V to CPC Bangalore.

Please help me with my queries.

Thanks and Regards, Roopak

asked Jun 22 '12 at 23:07 by Roopak Vasudev Sree 1111

You need to add income from both employers and compute income tax on total income. If there is some amount left to pay as income tax, you would need to pay that before filing income tax return.

You need to sign ITR-V and send it to CPC office. Scanned copy on email does not work. Hard copy should reach them by simple/registered post only.

You can take printout, sign it and send same to any of your relative/friend in India, which can then send to CPC address.

answered Jul 01 '12 at 21:29 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thanks a lot :)
(Jul 02 '12 at 23:36) Roopak Vasudev Sree

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 22 '12 at 23:07

Seen: 3,039 times

Last updated: Jul 02 '12 at 23:36