any mutual funds investment to avoid long term capital gain on property

  1. is there any mutual fund that can be purchased to avoid capital gain on property ?
  2. if yes. how long one should hold the investment.
  3. How many days one has from the date of sale of property to make such investment ? thanks

asked May 08 '12 at 21:05 by mm1 12

There is no mutual fund to save income tax on long term capital gains.

However you can invest into capital gain bonds (issued by NHAI and REC u/s 54EC) to save income tax within six month of sale.

answered May 28 '12 at 00:19 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: May 08 '12 at 21:05

Seen: 1,704 times

Last updated: May 28 '12 at 00:19