Salary Income tax

Hi, I am a freelancer.I am working for a company as an offsore employee.I joined the company in june,10 and they offer me total ctc 4.2 before that My salary was not taxable.

Now when I requested them to send me salary slip then they send me the below salasy breakup: basic 17k ,HRA: 7K, Mobile : 1k ,Performance 10k

There is no PF and will not be added. I want to file my income tax so please could you suggest me what will be the best salary breakup for total CTC 4.2 lacs so I can request them to change this salary breakup.There may be add some other alternate allowance as exemption if i will request them but I have no idea about them.I'll be thankful if you can suggest me this breakup.

Thank you very much!

asked Mar 15 '11 at 16:13 by mobsoftpad 111

Please read answer to a similar query here: Tax exemption components for salaried employee

answered Mar 16 '11 at 14:59 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 15 '11 at 16:13

Seen: 1,295 times

Last updated: Mar 16 '11 at 14:59

Related questions