house rent allowance for outside working place


my employee works in hubli, and stays on rent. his family stays in mumbai who are dependant on him and stay on rent.

which one shall i consider for HRA exemption? please guide.

regards sandipan

asked Mar 27 '12 at 18:51 by sandipan 1446

You should only consider HRA exemption for a house which is in same city as employment or at a commutable distance from office.

answered Mar 27 '12 at 19:00 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 27 '12 at 18:51

Seen: 2,284 times

Last updated: Mar 27 '12 at 19:00