income tax returns filing query


I have got the info of my father s income tax deduction from its website.

He is in the 10 percent slab only.He met with one accident on DEC 2009.

tax deducted on 2009 -2010 fy - 21370. '' "" 2010 -2011 fy - 16000

we cant show any kind of proof now. But we have the medical bills for the hospitalization charges incurred on the jan 2010.

  1. will this help us to get refund? Now i want to file the returns from the financial yr 2009 -2010 , 2010-2011, 2011-2012 as now only we are recovering from that.

2.Is it necessary to file the returns?

3.Is there any last date, we are no longer in the paying end , we are in the receiving end only()?

4.which ITR i need to choose for my father s income tax filing? Pls guide me Pankaj

asked Mar 26 '12 at 23:21 by vignesh 94671323

First, generally there is no income tax benefit on showing medical bills for the hospitalization charges.

Second, as financial year have ended and their last date of income tax return filing is over, eligibility for getting refunds is gone now.

If income is more than non-taxable range (before any deduction like 80C etc) then its mandatory to file income tax return.

If your father has income only from salary/pension, ITR1 form would be needed for income tax return filing.

answered Mar 27 '12 at 16:34 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 26 '12 at 23:21

Seen: 1,410 times

Last updated: Mar 27 '12 at 16:34