"Incorrect account number " status in e-filing processing status

I have got "Incorrect account number" as the status on the income tax India e-filing website for the assessment year 2011. Somebody suggested that i need to visit local Income Tax Assessing Officer to endorse my return. But, I got my PAN card in Bangalore but now i have shifted to Gurgaon. According to my PAN, local Income Tax Assessing Officer is in Bangalore. Is there any other way of getting my ITR. Please help.

asked Mar 26 '12 at 20:17 by xenon_15 1233

You can send written application to assessing officer with PAN copy. You may also file income tax return again to avoid any issue.

answered Mar 27 '12 at 16:30 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 26 '12 at 20:17

Seen: 1,797 times

Last updated: Mar 27 '12 at 16:30