NRI Tax filing

Hello Pankaj,

I am an NRI. My last return was filed in 2006 for A.Y 2005 - 2006. I need to file a return this year as I have a capital gain but have misplaced the copy of the last return as well as the receipt acknowledgement of the IT department. Will this pose any problem when filing the return this time? If yes, can you please suggest a solution?

Many thanks and best regards,

P Gopal

asked Mar 22 '12 at 12:52 by PGopal 1124

There is as such no need of previous income tax return's copy in filing new income tax return. There won't be any issue in filing return this time.

answered Mar 22 '12 at 19:02 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 22 '12 at 12:52

Seen: 1,695 times

Last updated: Mar 22 '12 at 19:02