excess income shown wrongly

Sir,for 2010-2011 my income has been shown wrongly as Rs.291340/ in tax return,but my actual income was Rs.151340/.So I paid Tax.I have 2 questions 1. How to claim refund. 2. Wrongly it was filed in ITR 4 intead of ITR 1.Can I do the correction. Regards BIPLAB NATH [email protected]

asked Mar 11 '12 at 17:18 by biplabnath 1111

If you had filed income tax return on or before 31st July, 2011 and same has not been assessed by income tax department till now, you should file a revised return as soon as possible to claim refund for same.

answered Mar 13 '12 at 23:12 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 11 '12 at 17:18

Seen: 2,131 times

Last updated: Mar 13 '12 at 23:12