capital gain

wife sold his house and husband construct the house with the help of amount of sold house of his wife , how can we get the benefit of capital gain. the house was sold in december 2011 and construction from 1.4.2011 to 31.03.2012, please guide

asked Mar 09 '12 at 14:21 by Atul Gupta 11

As old house was in wife's name, she would earn capital gains on its sale. In order to save income tax on this gains, new constructed house should be on her name.

answered Mar 09 '12 at 15:03 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 09 '12 at 14:21

Seen: 1,443 times

Last updated: Mar 09 '12 at 15:03