Name Change in PAN Card


I am a married working woman. I have recently changed/updated my name in my passport with my in-laws surname and also added spouse name. Now I want to change my name in my PAN card also and all other relevant places. If I apply for a name change now, would it affect my ITR filling process in next assessment year? Secondly, on only changing name, will my PAN no also get changed? What are other places where I will have to apply for name changes?

Thanks, Surbhi

asked Feb 22 '12 at 13:11 by Surbhi Makkar 1111

I am not able to view your answer over here. The list showing one answer but nothing is written. :-(
(Feb 22 '12 at 16:29) Surbhi Makkar
there was some issue with content. It has been re-posted now
(Feb 22 '12 at 18:00) Pankaj Batra

It would not impact income tax return as Permanent account number (PAN) would remain same.

If you have other government issued ID cards like Voter Id, driving license etc, you should get those changed as well.

Also it would be better if you inform for these changes to banks you have account with, mutual funds, and insurance companies etc.

answered Feb 22 '12 at 17:59 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Feb 22 '12 at 13:11

Seen: 2,802 times

Last updated: Feb 22 '12 at 18:00