sec 54 f buying residencial property to avoid capital gains

If I sell a non agricultural plot, can I use the proceeds to buy two residencial houses? I already posess one residencial property.

asked Feb 05 '12 at 01:01 by gkke 1111

You can save income tax on capital gain u/s 54F by buying/constructing a residential house property.

Tax benefit would be available only against a single property and not on two.

answered Feb 10 '12 at 16:22 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Feb 05 '12 at 01:01

Seen: 1,837 times

Last updated: Feb 10 '12 at 16:22