house rent allowance

Hi, Me and my wife are both employees and we stay in my fathers house. Now can my wife claim rent receipt from my father fro hra exemption. incidentally i travel to another place and have shown rent receipt from that place and not from my father.

asked Mar 08 '11 at 21:37 by Vinay P 1333

Yes, you and your wife can show rent receipts of two different houses and these houses can be owned by anybody except you two.

answered Mar 10 '11 at 13:14 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 08 '11 at 21:37

Seen: 3,107 times

Last updated: Mar 10 '11 at 13:14