Excess TDS deduction

I am Working in MNC. Excess TDS has been recovered from my salary by employer as I had failed to submit the proofs of Housing loan in time. How can I get back this excess TDS amount. Please give reply. Is there any option to get back this amount before filing IT Returns or Assessment. Thanks & regards.

asked Mar 06 '11 at 05:15 by tax saving 1111

In case, your pending TDS deduction this month (March) is more than excess TDS deducted already, you may request your employer to adjust the same.

But in case, even after zero TDS deduction in next month, there is some extra tax paid, The same can only be recovered as a tax refund while filing income tax return.

answered Mar 10 '11 at 04:50 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 06 '11 at 05:15

Seen: 2,842 times

Last updated: Mar 10 '11 at 04:50