Arrear Demand Notice from income tax department

My problem is similar to the question:

In 2008-09, i was in Gurgaon and my Jurisdiction is WARD-II(3), GURGAON. Now its been 2 years i moved to Bangalore. Now what should be my course of action?

Should i first apply for a change of address and then approach the new Assessing officer with the proofs to get it corrected? Or Should i send the proofs of investment, challan etc to Gurgaon Assessment officer first? Do they really bother to check and correct if i send by post/courier?

Many Thanks

asked Jan 18 '12 at 12:59 by Phani R 2216713

You should send a written response to Gurgaon assessing officer with all proofs through registered post. They have to receive and respond to registered posts.

Changing address may take more time and Bangalore assessing officer may not even handle case as original letter is sent by Gurgaon office.

answered Jan 22 '12 at 23:35 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thanks a lot Pankaj for your kind reply. I hate to bug you again,to whom i should address the register post and the letter? The link of IT offices in India is not working for Gurgaon. My PAN comes under WARD-II(3), GURGAON jurisdiction. I know the address of IT office in Gurgaon, Udyog vihar. But to whom i should address the post exactly. Thanks once again.
(Jan 28 '12 at 01:44) Phani R
Please check your jurisdiction on this link, You can address post to Assessing officer, Ward-II(3). Also specify AO number, type, Range code and Area Code on envelope.
(Jan 29 '12 at 12:50) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jan 18 '12 at 12:59

Seen: 3,194 times

Last updated: Jan 29 '12 at 12:50