CGAS - Deposit and WIthdrawal


My questions on CGAS are as under:

Do I need to deposit the entire sale amount in CGAS or just the capital gain? Can I first deposit the amount in my savings account and then transfer it to CGAS later?

When I withdraw the amount from CGAS, can i get the money in my name or it has to be necessarily in the name of a builder / seller of a property?

Regards, Vinay

asked Jan 17 '12 at 09:29 by tanvinay 1233

If gains are not sale of residential house property, whole sale consideration amount has to be deposited into CGAS. This has to be done before income tax filing for financial year in which land is sold.

Amount from CGAS can only be withdrawn in form of demand draft/cheque issued in name of builder/seller of property or construction material supplier/contractor (in case of construction of house). Remaining/Left over amount may be withdrawn only after written permission from assessing officer.

answered Jan 22 '12 at 21:16 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jan 17 '12 at 09:29

Seen: 1,689 times

Last updated: Jan 22 '12 at 21:17