Income tax

Can I take an educational loan to offset the TDS on my fixed deposits and rental income

asked Jan 03 '12 at 14:31 by CAV 8188 11

Income from fixed deposit and rental income cannot be offset against any other deduction. This will be added to your taxable income.

But if you take educational loan, there will be tax benefit available on interest payment. Whole interest paid during the year can be deducted from taxable income.

answered Jan 04 '12 at 16:05 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jan 03 '12 at 14:31

Seen: 1,511 times

Last updated: Jan 04 '12 at 16:05