capital gains tax

My sister who is developing a property held by her long term is now planning to gift a portion of her rights to her major children to minimise capital gains tax.The agreement with the developers is to be signed shortly. Does my sister stand to gain by way of cap gains?

asked Dec 08 '11 at 08:51 by minnie moo 11

If property is gifted to anybody else through a registered gift deed, then capital gain won't be applicable on such transaction. However when gift receiver sells this gifted property, normal rules would apply.

answered Dec 12 '11 at 20:12 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 08 '11 at 08:51

Seen: 1,489 times

Last updated: Dec 12 '11 at 20:12