compulsory acquisation of agricultural land and TDS U/s 194LA

KIADB Acquired our agricultural land & Paid compensation of Rs 2.30 Crores in the current year But in this 80 lakhs is principle & Remaining Amount is Interest, Now they made TDS On Interest Amount @ 10% in the Years 2009-10 & also given form 16A,but they paid, the now my confussion is that in which year i have to file the returns, wheather on the awared compensition year or compesation received year.

asked Nov 25 '11 at 12:30 by rajnesh 1111

You should file income tax return for year in which your received compensation.

answered Nov 26 '11 at 17:51 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 25 '11 at 12:30

Seen: 2,966 times

Last updated: Nov 26 '11 at 17:51