Regarding Applying passport for my newly born baby


I have a couple of queries 1) I am married and my wife got passport before our marriage. Both of our addresses in the passport are different from the current address. Can you please suggest us is it mandatory to change the address to current address in both of our passports? and should i include my wife's name in my passport?. If so kindly tell me the procedure. 2) We are blessed with a baby boy, if we need to apply a passport what will be the procedure.

Thanks, Sunil

asked Nov 22 '11 at 11:59 by sunil_barli 1111

  1. It would be better to change your address on passport to current address, if current one is your permanent address (self/parent owned). In case its a rented house and existing one on your passport is permanent one (hometown etc), then you may avoid changing address.
  2. You should get your wife's name included to your passport as it may be needed in future for any foreign trip and dependent visa. Both of you need to apply for reissue of passport for name addition.
  3. You should get passport for your new born baby soon. You can check required documents on Passport Seva Portal

Applications for both re-issue and new passports can be made online on Passport website.

answered Nov 23 '11 at 18:51 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 22 '11 at 11:59

Seen: 1,933 times

Last updated: Nov 23 '11 at 18:51