Can I claim TA, HRA benefit If I get consolidated salary

hi sir i m getting consolidated salary.. is there is any way to get benefit for TA HRA and other heads

asked Nov 17 '11 at 15:46 by Sam Tom 1111

You can claim benefit for house rent paid under section 80GG, even if your salary structure does not contain this amount.

There are some conditions for this claim:

  1. It should be occupied by you.
  2. Your spouse/parents should not be paying rent for this house.
  3. You or your spouse should not be owning a house in same city.
  4. You should not be owning house at any other place for which you claim home loan benefit.
  5. Deduction cannot exceed a. Rs 2000 per month, b. rent paid - 10% of total income, and c. 25% of total income.

Regarding other benefits like TA etc, they cannot be claimed as they are not a part of salary.

answered Nov 18 '11 at 12:38 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 17 '11 at 15:46

Seen: 9,364 times

Last updated: Nov 18 '11 at 12:38