House rent allowance

I stay 70 Km away from Company and now staying at rented House which is 40 km from company. I also have own home in the city. Can i still avail tax benefit under HRA scheme?

asked Nov 08 '11 at 11:34 by Vipul Shere 1111

if you own a house in same city or at a commutable distance from office, then you cannot claim for HRA deduction.

answered Nov 08 '11 at 12:49 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 08 '11 at 11:34

Seen: 2,424 times

Last updated: Nov 08 '11 at 12:49