tax for doctor

hi,pankaj sir. i am doctor and was working in private nursing home since last year (march2010).i have not filed advance tax for the it was self employement,now i mean since october2010 i m working in pvt nursing home on salary basis.(40,000),the employer is cutting the TDS. i want to file my returns ,so how much have to pay. sir kindly advise me the calculation and help me in financial planning, savings. thanking u sir.

asked Mar 01 '11 at 12:29 by drdeeppak 11

For financial year (FY) 2009-10, you should file income tax return with form ITR-4 as you earned income from profession. In order to avoid penalty, file the same before 31st March, 2011.
There will also be interest payable under section 234 in case there was income tax pending.

For FY 2010-11, you will have to file income tax return by 31st July, 2011. As you are salaried now, you may download Income Tax calculator and compute your tax liability.

answered Mar 02 '11 at 04:56 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 01 '11 at 12:29

Seen: 1,325 times

Last updated: Mar 02 '11 at 04:56

Related questions