filing of ITR in wrong AY

Hello, I had uploaded my return meant for AY11-12 under AY10-11. Knowing it was a mistake I again uploaded my return under AY11-12 using the 11-12 excel form. Now I have a got a demand notice u/s 143(1) for AY10-11 as TDS mismatch although I was unemployed in that period. How do i convey to CPC that what I had earlier ssubmitted has to be ignored. Please reply. Thanks Akaash

asked Nov 02 '11 at 15:00 by Akash 1111

Only way to correct now is to file a revised return for AY 10-11 or give in writing to assessing officer about your mistake.

answered Nov 02 '11 at 23:48 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thanks Pankaj, I dont want to revise it. I want that to be ignored and the correct AY 11-12 form to be considered. Who is the assessing officer and at what address to write to him? Thanks
(Nov 03 '11 at 13:07) Akash
I am not really sure if there would be an option to "ignore" filed return. Better way to do same would be to file a revised return. Check your income tax ward/circle on this page: Your assessing officer would be sitting in this office. You would need to go there, meet assessing officer and submit your request.
(Nov 03 '11 at 17:55) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 02 '11 at 15:00

Seen: 2,154 times

Last updated: Nov 03 '11 at 17:55