about legal advice

i hve sold a house for 22 lakh which i received through cheque and i purchased a house for 20 lakh in same year.but the problem is that the party from which i bought want me to withdraw that money from bank and give them cash. is is legal? is it possible? tell me what will i do

asked Sep 29 '11 at 19:50 by aadi 1455

Most probably the seller is taking cash to avoid showing gains and paying income tax on that.

If you can get exact cost of house written on registration documents, it will be legal and I think you can even pay in cash. Registration needs PAN number of both seller and buyers, so it won't be any issue.

But if you withdrew such large amount of cash from bank, it will be reported to income tax department and there is a fair chance that IT department will raise a show cause notice/scrutiny.

answered Sep 29 '11 at 19:59 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Sep 29 '11 at 19:50

Seen: 1,120 times

Last updated: Sep 29 '11 at 19:59