Name correction in PAN card

My son has applied for PAN card and he has got the same. But, after verification, we found that the name written on PAN card is having spelling mistake. He has submitted application for correction at PAN Card office, Hyderabad on 21/06/2011. But, till this time, he has not recd the corrected PAN Card.

In view of above, how would i know whether the name has been corrected or not and also whether he can apply a fresh PAN card. If he applies for fresh PAN Card, procedure for surrendering the existing PAN Card received with wrong name.

I request to kindly suggest on above.

asked Aug 21 '11 at 18:34 by killendula 1333

There is no need to apply for a fresh PAN card. Old PAN card can be corrected to rectify the details.

If you had already applied for change, you should first check status of same application. It can be checked on this page: Track your PAN/TAN Application Status

If it does not show anything, you should apply for change in details again, it can be done on this link: Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)

answered Aug 21 '11 at 21:12 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 21 '11 at 18:34

Seen: 4,798 times

Last updated: Aug 21 '11 at 21:12