Dear Sir, Thanks a lot for your quick response. My further query is that suppose I purchase a plot and am not able to construct within 3 yrs, then can I pay tax after 3 yrs. If yes, how much interest will I have to bear? Regards, Sunil.

asked Aug 20 '11 at 17:27 by sunil 1122

In case you are not able to construct a house, you would have to pay income tax on capital gains. Tax rate would be same 20% after indexation. Income tax on interest would also be payable for capital gain scheme accounts.

answered Aug 21 '11 at 16:46 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 20 '11 at 17:27

Seen: 1,728 times

Last updated: Aug 21 '11 at 16:46