Capital Gain

Dear Pankaj thnx a lot pls refer my Q dt 05/08 & 06/08 i have a querry the time of purchase of plot in 2003 if component of share with my wife is not mention in registry how it will be decided now at the time of selling. 2.can we both mutually now declare component of share as per our covvenience i.e 60:40 or 70:30 etc. 3.if i keep some surplus money in capitol gains a/c and decide to invest in bonds after one and half year as i could not utilise it in construction will i get the benifit of investing in bonds.

asked Aug 15 '11 at 09:18 by Sudhir 111

  1. If the ownership ratio is not mentioned on registration documents. I think, it will be 50:50 by default. I am not sure about this and you may consult from any legal/property expert on this.
  2. Capital gain bonds have to be bought within six months from sale of property. So if you are unable to use amount deposited in capital gain scheme account, you will have to pay income tax on that.

answered Aug 15 '11 at 21:24 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 15 '11 at 09:18

Seen: 1,306 times

Last updated: Aug 15 '11 at 21:24