Claim of Refund

Hi pankaj

I was working in a company. Due to some personal reasons i have left the job. They have not credited my performance pay in my bank account but have deducted TDS on the same. I have seen the amount of TDS so deducted in form 26 AS. My question is whether in my ITR I can get the refund of the same without showing income from salary or not?? Please advise

asked Aug 14 '11 at 18:03 by suchopra 1111

Employer cannot deduct TDS on amount which has not been paid to you. If you think that extra amount of tax has been deducted, you can claim refund while filing income tax return.

You can recompute your income tax liability based on what amount you received and use those figures to file income tax return.

answered Aug 15 '11 at 21:07 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 14 '11 at 18:03

Seen: 2,019 times

Last updated: Aug 15 '11 at 21:07