Form 16A given - refund to be received


In adjustment of others tax deduction, i have received form 16A which results in refund of Rs.48,000/- to be paid to the company once it receives back from the company...

In this regard, i have already filed my ROI based on Form 16 given by my company for the source of salary income before due date of ROI...

Now my query is: How shall i have to file my Revised ROI through online when i receive different Form 16 and Form 16A??? What shall be the proofs i need to keep if the dept. queries me the reasons for the other source of income when the refund amount is Rs.48,000/- Please help me out for filing the Revised ROI.... Can i file through online the Revised ROI now?

asked Aug 03 '11 at 12:24 by subramanyam 1222

not from the Company, but from the Department of Income taxes...
(Aug 03 '11 at 12:25) subramanyam

If there are some changes needs to be made in existing filed income tax return, you should file a revised return. Process for income tax return filing online is same as original one, with some small changes apart from correction of figures.

  1. Return type = Revised in spite of original.
  2. Section under which return is filed: 139(5)
  3. Provide original date of filing and E-ack number in ITR.
  4. Submit both original and revised ITR-V to IT department Bangalore address.

answered Aug 04 '11 at 00:40 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 03 '11 at 12:24

Seen: 3,175 times

Last updated: Aug 04 '11 at 00:40