TDS payment

Hi I need information on TDS amount payment. My organization deducted tax and not able to pay to government bcoz of some problem in TAN number. Now TAN number is received correctly. Shall they pay tax now and give me form 16? Can i file ITR using same form 16? Will i get my refund amount if i file once i get form 16.

Regards, kondareddy

asked Aug 03 '11 at 12:22 by Supraja81 1681213

Refund can be claimed only when Income Tax Return is filed before the due dates as specified u/s 139(1)

In your case the due date was 31st July, so you wont be able to cliam refund

However, if you had filed your return before 31st July, in that case you can revise your return and refund would be receivable

answered Aug 08 '11 at 11:32 by CA Karan Batra 53216


You may file income tax return before end of assessment year (31st March, 2012). Refund may come slightly delayed now.

answered Aug 04 '11 at 00:16 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 03 '11 at 12:22

Seen: 2,827 times

Last updated: Aug 08 '11 at 11:32