hra & education loan interest

Hi Pankaj,

I have query regarding filing returns - 1) can i file return for 2010-2011, i had my tds deducted in form 16 tax payable was zero

2) my company had not considered hra for exemption, so can i claim it through rent recepts. if yes do i need to deduct the amount from my salary head or show it in 80gc

3) my company had taken education loan int into consideration for only 9 months so can i add and put rest of the sum for the 3 months in itr form1

Thanks and Regards, Rozina Sadruddin

asked Jul 29 '11 at 23:21 by rozina 1111

  1. Yes, you can file income tax return for AY 2010-11 now. But IT department may send demand of Rs 5000 for late return filing.
  2. If your salary had HRA component, it cannot be claimed now in ITR. It had to be deducted by your employer only.
  3. You can get full education loan deduction while filing income tax return. Fill the total interest payment in the year in section-80E.

answered Jul 30 '11 at 00:35 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

but my company did not consider any amount under HRA as my rent was not paid through chq. So can i claim it now because i stay in a rented house
(Jul 31 '11 at 16:46) rozina
It cannot be claimed now in IT return. rent receipts should have been shown to employer to get deduction.
(Aug 01 '11 at 19:37) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 29 '11 at 23:21

Seen: 2,287 times

Last updated: Aug 01 '11 at 19:37