Wrong year selected while paying the tax online

Hi Pankaj,

I have made a mistake while making online payment for the income tax. I selected assessment year as 2010-2011 while making the payment for this year, where as it should have been 2011-2012. However, while online filing the return I have selected the correct year. Post filing I observed the mistake. What should I do next?

What do you suggest?

asked Jul 29 '11 at 19:15 by vaibhav 1111

You should approach your Assessing Officer with an application containing the details of your PAN and the CIN and request him to carry out the necessary corrections. Give him in writing following details:

  1. Type of Correction on Challan
  2. PAN number
  3. Assessment Year
  4. Nature of Payment
  5. Total Amount
  6. Bank Name
  7. BSR Code
  8. Challan number
  9. Date of amount deposit

Or You may contact IT department on 0124 – 2438 0000 or [email protected]

answered Jul 29 '11 at 20:27 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 29 '11 at 19:15

Seen: 2,475 times

Last updated: Jul 29 '11 at 20:27