ITR Filling

HI This query is regarding my ITR filling. I am a freelancer (trainer) and my total income for last financial year is around 2L. after that company deducted 10% tax and paid the reaming to me.

As my income is only 2 Lkhs including tax deducted. Do i need to file ITR? which form i need to file? Will I get deduced tax back to me as 1.6L is non taxble slab. so will i get 16K back to me if i file ITR.

Regards, Kondareddy

asked Jul 29 '11 at 14:18 by Supraja81 1681213

You should file income tax return as your refund is due.

As you have income from business/profession, you would need to file ITR-4. If you file online before 31st July, you would get refund in 3-4 months.

answered Jul 29 '11 at 19:38 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 29 '11 at 14:18

Seen: 2,349 times

Last updated: Jul 29 '11 at 19:38