Dear Sir, I have resigned from my previous company and my previous employer has deducted TDS from my salary and same has been showing in income tax (form 26AS) but my previous employer has not giving me the form 16A. I have filed the return according to form 26AS but problem is that i am taking a home loan from Oriental Bank of Commerce and they need my form 16 A to see the income from salary. what can i do to obtain form 16A

asked Jul 28 '11 at 20:49 by Amit Sharma 1111

Form-16 can only be issued from tax deductor and deductor is legally bound to issue form-16 is tax has been deducted and deposited on your name.

I would suggest you to request your previous employer to issue same asap, else you may complain against them in nearest income tax office.

answered Jul 29 '11 at 18:36 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 28 '11 at 20:49

Seen: 2,282 times

Last updated: Jul 29 '11 at 18:36