Forgot to file IT returns for AY 2008-2009 even though for a refund. Will I get refund?

I forgot to file my IT returns for AY 2008-2009 I need to get refund for it. When I tried to file the returns in website. I am getting the following error Error in Upload of ITR The due date for 'Original' IT Return of ReturnFileSec 11 for Assessment Year 2008 is only till 31-03-2010. Please contact DIT Administrator for further details Please rectify the Above error(s) and upload your return again Is there any way to submit the returns and get the refund amount.

Regards, Sunil

asked Jul 28 '11 at 01:25 by sunilkk1985 6124

No, You can not do anything now.

answered Jul 28 '11 at 01:45 by Amit91 196456

Thanks for the information Amit
(Jul 28 '11 at 01:51) sunilkk1985

You can not file return for AY2008-09 now. Latest date for you was 31 March 2010 as mentioned in the error messahe. Rule for belated return is before the expiry of one year from the end of relevant assessment year.

answered Jul 28 '11 at 01:34 by Amit91 196456

Hi Amit, So I cannot file the return. Actually I need to get refund of 4000/- rupess. Is there any way to get it or atleast show that in future returns as not refunded. Regards, Sunil.
(Jul 28 '11 at 01:40) sunilkk1985
There is no way now to get this refund or show in future returns.
(Jul 28 '11 at 13:43) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 28 '11 at 01:25

Seen: 3,299 times

Last updated: Jul 28 '11 at 13:43