ITR-filling but TDS is not deposited in my account

Hi Pankaj, In the last financial year i worked for 3 companies as a freelancer. They deducetd me 10% amount as tax. But one out of 3 companies didn't deposit tax in my account and not given form 16 too. I know the the amount deducted from their end. I don't know their TAN number.
They were telling their TAN number is invalid and trying for new number. Once they get they desposit amount with ITD. Tax was deposted under 194J -fee towards technical training. Which ITR form i need to use to file ITR and pLease help me how to i file ITR without 3rd form 16? Will it be problem for me if they wont deposit tax into y account?

Regards, kondareddy

asked Jul 27 '11 at 17:37 by Supraja81 1681213

As your have income as consultant/freelancer, this will be considered income from business/profession and you will have to file ITR4.

You can file income tax return without form-16 too, if you know the amounts paid to you. But unless you know their TAN number, you cannot fill ITR's TDS sections.

If they don't deposit TDS, it will be your responsibility to pay same. Ask your client to pay you TDS amount if they are not going to deposit it and you can pay yourself.

answered Jul 28 '11 at 12:32 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 27 '11 at 17:37

Seen: 3,595 times

Last updated: Jul 28 '11 at 12:32