salaried plus income from insurance commision

I am a salaried person and at the same time working as insurance agent. Which ITR form should i fill?. Since i have got Form 16 from the company where i work and Form 16A fro insuranc ecompany.

asked Jul 26 '11 at 20:27 by Ranjit 1111

If you have most of your income coming from salary and commission income is just a small part of year's income, you can fill ITR1 and show insurance agent commission as income from other sources.

But if income from insurance company is big part, you should file ITR-4 (income from business/profession).

answered Jul 26 '11 at 22:10 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 26 '11 at 20:27

Seen: 3,790 times

Last updated: Jul 26 '11 at 22:10