Do I need to pay TAX?

Hi, Currently I am working in Dubai, my company has planned me to send India by September'2011. I have to stay there upto June'2012. Do I have to pay tax for my income? Will it be for Sep'2011 to Mar'2012 or for whole FY.

asked Jul 25 '11 at 23:23 by Mohammad Aslam 1223

If you live in India for more than 182 days in this financial year, then you would need to pay tax on your whole year income (whether earned in India or outside).

answered Jul 25 '11 at 23:37 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thank you so much. Is there any way to avoid this?
(Jul 25 '11 at 23:41) Mohammad Aslam
Only if you can keep your stay in India under 182 days, it will be avoided. From next year FY 2012-13, this 182 days period is even shortening to 60 days, so will be tough to save next year.
(Jul 25 '11 at 23:44) Pankaj Batra
Thanks! Your free consultation is awe-inspiring.
(Jul 26 '11 at 00:49) Mohammad Aslam

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 25 '11 at 23:23

Seen: 2,451 times

Last updated: Jul 26 '11 at 00:49