Mistake found in the e-filed return in the tax paid column

I had filed my salary return through e-filing. But to my surprise it is showing as TDS double amout one under TDS and another under advance tax. I got form ITR V as ack. Hence my refund due to me is wrong . How to rectify the mistake . Is it enough I rectify the mistake in the form V which is to be send to the CPC , bangalore

asked Jul 17 '11 at 16:08 by rectification of mistake 1111

You will have to file a revised return with corrections needed.

Process is same except you have to mention return type as Revised and section has to be changed to 139(5).

answered Jul 18 '11 at 19:47 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 17 '11 at 16:08

Seen: 1,515 times

Last updated: Jul 18 '11 at 19:47