revised Tax return AY 2011-12

I paid balance tax (On Bank saving account interest + interest on balance tax as per sect 234 a/b/c) but forgot to claim house loan interest benefit while filing the return for AY 2011-12. Please advise the action needs to be taken while filing the revised return and what tax paid amount i'll show (whether it is = TDS + Tax on saving account + amount paid as per section 234 a/b/c)

asked Jul 15 '11 at 13:19 by sakiv1089 18681333

So many reviews any no advise/comment... pl comeout for discussion
(Jul 16 '11 at 13:47) sakiv1089

You can file revised return with updated figures in excel. Select R-Revised return type and u/s 139(5). In TDS sheet, Fill tax paid by employer in TDS and self-paid (extra tax paid + interest under 234B/C) in self assessment tax sections.

answered Jul 18 '11 at 16:38 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 15 '11 at 13:19

Seen: 2,475 times

Last updated: Jul 18 '11 at 16:38