incorrect AO Ward/Circle submitted

I have submitted wrong AO Ward/Circle while submitting IT return online (submitted 23(2) instead of 1(1)). Do I need to revise the return mandatorily? I have refund.

asked Jun 20 '11 at 12:38 by palash 1111

It should not be an issue. Income tax department will correct it automatically. If you want to be double sure, you can file a revised return.

answered Jun 23 '11 at 13:22 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 20 '11 at 12:38

Seen: 3,463 times

Last updated: Jun 23 '11 at 13:22