Less Income Tax Refund and Application u/s.154.

I filed my Return in ITR-II in July 2010 for the AY 2010-11. I received the Refund last week much less than I am entitled to. I approached the IT Office and they tole me it will be done u/s.154. Afer scrutiny of Return I find that I should have filed the ITR IV as I do not get salary but professional charges. Also I did not inclue interest from the S/B Account in the Return. Now what should I do to get back my refund as I do not have taxable income. Can I file a Revised Return now ?


asked May 11 '11 at 02:20 by Sonu 1111

Now there is little chance to get income tax refund as you filed a wrong return and assessment year also has finished.

But you can try meeting assessing officer and present your case. If he agrees you should file a revised return with form ITR-4.

answered May 12 '11 at 14:40 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: May 11 '11 at 02:20

Seen: 2,215 times

Last updated: May 12 '11 at 14:40