Tax Saving

Hi Pankaj,

  This is a wonderful website with lot of information for newbies like me. Keep up the good work.

  I also had a tax related query for which I googled and found your site. Basically I was trying to figure out what would be the best way forward for tax saving with tax free returns on a periodic basis (monthly or half yearly or annualy)? I can invest upto 20,000 Rs per month and I am looking for solutions where I can withdraw the money after the first year if possible.

 Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks and Regards Ravi Chandra Shukla

asked May 02 '11 at 13:54 by RaviShukla 111

If you are looking for tax saving investment under 80-C, which can be withdrawn after a year; there is no such scheme.

But if you looking for good returns on normal investments for a time period of one year. I would advise you to invest in Fixed Maturity Plans (FMP). Returns on these are not tax free but as compared to other investments like fixed deposits etc, these attract less tax.

answered May 03 '11 at 13:24 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: May 02 '11 at 13:54

Seen: 1,189 times

Last updated: May 03 '11 at 13:24