Term Insurance Policy

Dear Pankaj,

Please advise if premium paid towards term insurance policy is eligible under Sec 80C? What happens if I outlive the tenure of term insurance? Do I still get a sum assured value like a regular policy?

Thanks Tonnie

asked Apr 06 '11 at 02:20 by tonnimukh 1111

Yes, Premium paid towards term policy is eligible under section 80-C.

If you outlive the tenure of pure term insurance, you will get nothing.

answered Apr 06 '11 at 07:56 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 06 '11 at 02:20

Seen: 1,416 times

Last updated: Apr 06 '11 at 08:04