tax rebate

Dear Pankaj,

Please guide me in below query.

I have losses of Rs. 25000 in trading in current year 2010-11. Will I get tax exemption in filling tax return? If yes then how can do?

Regards, Vijay Kumar

asked Mar 15 '11 at 10:44 by vijay 1111

Losses in trading can only be set-off against capital gains in trading. There is no tax exemption available for trading losses and they cannot be adjusted against any other head whether salary, Business/profession income, income from House Property etc.

answered Mar 16 '11 at 14:45 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 15 '11 at 10:44

Seen: 2,168 times

Last updated: Mar 16 '11 at 14:45