ltcg on sale of shares in off-market

dear paka batra I have purchased shares of pvt ltd on my wife's name in 2008,and sold in nov 2010 in off-market i.e not through nse/bse. Is it taxable or not. if so what is the procedure to avoid the tax through savings.pls give me reply immediately -----mmk gandhi vizag

asked Mar 13 '11 at 15:35 by mmk gandhi 1111

As it was a off-market transaction, it will be considered as short term gain, as asset was sold before three years.

This short term capital gain will be added to your wife's income for the year, and will be taxed at a rate as per her applicable tax slabs.

There is no way to save income tax on this short term gain.

answered Mar 14 '11 at 05:36 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 13 '11 at 15:35

Seen: 1,495 times

Last updated: Mar 14 '11 at 05:36